Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wedding freak-out

I haven't had one of these in a while, so I thought I'd share.

I am FREAKING OUT.

I thought this was going to be a manageable wedding of around 100 people. Today I find out that there are about 43 members of the community -- his family's community, not even members of his family -- who are showing up. And there are probably going to be MORE. This number does not include his family and friends.

And he wants to reconsider my idea to do assigned seating! I can just imagine my gay Athiest Jewish New York friends accidentally ending up at a table with more conservative small-town Muslim immigrants. I'm not calling it Gaza, but it will be awkward.

Do you know how many people are coming from my side? This includes family and friends. 48. That breaks down to 21 family and 27 friends. I have 1 cousin who's not sure and 3 friends who are also figuring it out. I have a spreadsheet with people's names and tick-marks as to who is coming and how many children. That's right, I've counted the CHILDREN so they can have seats.

I think it might be easier to get married to a woman because she might understand why being organized about this shit is important.

2 comments:

Surfsister said...

Take as deep a breath as you can . . . and then go elope!!!

Beach Bum said...

This is one wedding video I want to see.