Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two surf-a-thons

Unfortunately, I have two weddings to go to in the Bay Area during each of these events. Otherwise, here are two surf-a-thons I would gladly attend:

Surf Dog for the Helen Woodward Animal Center - at Del Mar, September 9

Make A Wave Project for Oceana: Protecting the World's Oceans - at my home break (shhhhhh!!!), September 22-23

By the way, check out the picture of the surfer snapping off the lip on the Make A Wave website. That is Most Honorable Sensei Master Frank.

**

Four days on Cooperfish made me donkey on Doc this morning. It was still hella fun, but Oy! fast fast fast. Tried to out-think the wave while the board was speeding along finding trim all by itself. I was just along for the ride. I had two opportunities (ie. lefts with shape) to get good backside kick-outs, but I did no more than power squat like I had to really GO, you know? Froze up and laid two big donkeys.

2 comments:

Surfsister said...

What am I thinking? I signed up. I don't even understand how this works. I just picked a team (Dean's) and picked a session on each day. Tell me you'll be there too!

gracefullee said...

Alas, no. I have weddings to attend on both events.