Saturday, February 10, 2007

Doc III

I visited the Metzler shop today and put in an order for a performance 9'0" with a paint job inspired by Clayfin. I'm getting the last Clark blank at their shop.

Hopefully I'll meet Doc III in about three weeks!

Docs II and I below. You'll see the bump in the tail which I think is the magic of this board:





Note the old patch job on the deck of Doc II when I buckled it a year ago. I'm going to try to treat my new board a little better and stay away from overhead close-out beach breaks at low tide.

Gaze and admire the 80s neon color and art deco fade on Doc I. I bought it used from the Board Gallery in Venice. My first board. Glassed on thruster 8'6". Note the broken leash that broke with the board.

6 comments:

Surfsister said...

It's about time!!! I thought I was going to have to go to Doc's shop for you and put in an order. With that said . . . yay!!! Congratulations!!!

gracefullee said...

Thanks! I just put up my "broken quiver" pictures as a reminder that I have to take it a little easy on the new board.

Unknown said...

Woo, board killer! Hope your new one gives the same or better pleasure!

6ftnperfect said...

color me flattered. Man, you are hard on boards - and yes, stay away from overhead beach closeouts on just about any board!

Bill Graber said...

Girl you sure are hard on boards...

Patch said...

Are you into S&M? Just kidding... tough chick!