Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Tinkering: 9'0" thruster

Yup. It works. I would prefer better waves with this set up. (Wouldn't we all?) Crazy Johnny wasn't so crazy. I can feel the new tri-fin Doc want to make sweeping drives off the bottom, but with the close-outs of OP today on a low tide, that wasn't going to happen so much. Bigger waves, bigger faces, that's what I need with this set-up. Weirdly, I wonder if I had had smaller fins might today's smallish close-outs been more fun and racier? At one point, I was thinking of going back to my car to put in the little side bites and keeping the G5 center fin in place. Stay tuned, mad scientist at work.

3 comments:

Surfsister said...

I'm debating taking the Turbo Tunnel off the Tyler and putting it on the Slcik. But I'm not as gutsy as you are so I think about it and then never do anything.

Anonymous said...

G - "big waves...and big faces..." that'll be me one day...but for now I like "little waves that crumble like cookies"

gracefullee said...

Sister -- take the Turbo Tunnel fin off the Tyler and try the other fin and see if you feel a difference. You could do it in the same session so you can compare. I think this fin-swapping thing is a whole new world...

Riab -- it's all in stages. I still like the little waves because I surf differently on them. I even like mushy evening chop because I have to surf those waves differently, too. I don't know what to say about liking bigger waves. When it's bigger and closing out, it's more about adrenaline. :)