Sunday, May 18, 2008

Last surf before I get leashed to the ol' ball-n-chain

Yesterday's birthday surf was okay. Today's surf, however, was super-fun! I can't think of a better way to spend my last surf session as an unmarried woman. I was on the Cooperfish V-Bottom and I am starting to figure out the board. I haven't got it completely under control yet, but I've discovered how fun the bottom turns are on it.

There's also something about the board that makes me feel like I'm about a foot above the wave. On one wave, I literally hopped to adjust my position. Both feet were off the board and I felt like I was floating. Then I got to drive into the turn from the tail. It almost felt like I was making a sharp 90-degree corner.

The major thing I can't get is when the wave breaks on the shoulder in front of me and I am not in a position to kick-out. Usually, I like to kick the board over and hit the whitewater and use the whitewater to straighten me out toward shore. This board doesn't like the whitewater. The V-bottom gets tippy and bucks at the turbulence of the white water. Pretty much every single time I tried to end a wave like that, I lost the board and had to swim. I needed the exercise anyway.

This afternoon I bought a waist-cinching corset and shaping underwear to wear under my wedding dress.

1 comment:

Surfsister said...

I thought you'd decided to postpone because of Nancy's barbecue? C'mon! You guys can get married the following weekend, right!!

I'm very happy for you, Grace. I remember surfing with you the day after you met him. I could tell how much you liked him when you talked about him.

I'll be thinking of you two next weekend!